Thursday, July 28, 2011

THE KISS

DUR KUSS

I remember a gentle and warm kiss on my cheek.   And eyes with a very loving look too.  I believe I was enjoying the affectionate kiss on my cheek and I longed for more.  Without a doubt, it was one of the grateful and memorable moments of my life.  It was the first time I remembered my mom kissed me on my cheek.  It was so pleasant and a wonderful experience.  That’s how I learned about a kiss. A very affectionate kiss from a mother to her lovely son.    Every time I think of it, I feel good and nice.  It gives me energy and motivation.  So sweet!

In fact, there are many types of kiss – cheek kiss, French kiss, kiss of peace, kiss of respect, platonic kiss, romantic kiss, etc.   Wiki states that the word “a kiss” is a descendent of the old English word “cyssan" meaning “to kiss".  Many literatures and scientific research on human’s kissing are readily available online.  They all indicate only one thing in common – a kiss is an act of expression of affection and love of human beings.  Did Adam kiss Eve in the Garden of Eden?  Who teach Homo sapiens about kissing?  An origin of human’s kissing remains unknown.  Some scholars highlight that kissing is associated with the level of civilization.  Does it really matter?  No one cares and we kiss nevertheless to express affection and love to one another.  Kissing is in fact beneficial to our health as it involves movement of the lower jaw (the sole movable bone in the head) and contraction of 34 muscles in the face, neck and head -- principally the orbicularis orbis, which surrounds the mouth and allows the lips to pucker. There are top ten health benefits from kissing.  Another research indicates that 10% of human population does not know well about kissing.  May be they are also in need of expressing their loves to others too.       

Is a kiss considered a sin?  If so, love wouldn’t be preached to us in the first place.   A kiss is an act of love and a sign of affection.  No doubt, kiss is not a sin in any way.  Viktor Frankl said, love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire.  To live and survive, love is essential.  And love and kiss is inseparable.  Kiss is thus also necessary for all human being.  It could be a kiss from a mother as well as from loved ones.  Life is tough and a long journey!  With love and sweet kisses along the way, I believe, life becomes a pleasant journey.

Max
26 July 2011   

References:
Picture: http://www.weddingcometrue.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/lip-kissing.jpg   

No comments:

Post a Comment